Human Trafficking Awareness Program
An infrastructure construction contractor with ever-changing jobsites across the United States, Precision Pipeline, LLC, (PPL) is 100% committed to safety, the communities we work in and to being part of something bigger than the project. These values played a key role in implementing our Human Trafficking Awareness Program both in the home office and at project field locations. We are committed to growing our program and encourage others in the energy industry to do the same.
MAKING A NATIONAL IMPACTIn 2019, PPL began a Human Trafficking Awareness Program after realizing that we could make a large national impact in fighting this crime. With more than 2,000 fleet vehicles on the road and an employee base that travels from one jobsite to another, one additional training is making a significant impact on human trafficking awareness across the United States. The growing number of trained PPL employees has the potential to travel more than 6 million miles annually by CDL drivers in fleet vehicles alone. These employees, combined with those that stay in hotels and RV parks near each jobsite, are the eyes and ears on the road, ready to report the red flags of human trafficking in the communities where we live and work.
PPL has seen immediate results of the program with employees becoming passionate about stopping this crime. The training resources from Truckers Against Trafficking (TAT) provide a meaningful message that ensures everyone is effectively trained to recognize the signs of human trafficking and empowered to report this crime via texting or calling the National Human Trafficking Hotline (888-3737-888). Additionally, jobsite banners and posters, and individual hard hat stickers, are constant reminders that we have a responsibility to report this crime when the red flags are noticed. Taking the program even further, we have implemented a Company Demand Reduction Policy to reinforce the message of “No Demand, No Trafficking.”
GROWING OUR PROGRAM
To extend our reach beyond employees, PPL encourages clients, subcontractors, vendors and professional organizations to also implement a human trafficking awareness training program. Through speaking engagements and events, we hope others will be inspired to implement similar training. We are proud to fight this crime with the help of Truckers Against Trafficking and Fierce Freedom, and with our energy industry partners.DOWNLOAD: FIRST YEAR IMPACT STATEMENT
- PPL is 100% committed to training every employee to know the signs of human trafficking and empowers them to report this crime.
- PPL secures TAT as a speaker for the DCA’s board meeting in Washington, D.C., to inspire members to share the message with their teams afterward.
- PPL participates in TAT’s Pennsylvania Coalition Build event, connecting the energy industry with law enforcement.
- PPL launches a branded Human Trafficking Awareness Program.
- PPL records podcast with a local organization, Fierce Freedom. LISTEN NOW
- PPL speaks at the Pipeline Leadership Conference to encourage others to implement a similar program.
- PPL speaks about human trafficking awareness at the Business & Community Alliance Series hosted by the Duluth Chamber of Commerce
- PPL is interviewed on The Dave Nemo Show, Road Dog Trucking SiriusXM Channel 146
- PPL presents on starting a human trafficking awareness program at the Institute for Supply Management (ISM-Lake Superior, Inc.)