Eau Claire, WIJOB TYPE:
Assistant Controller DEPARTMENT:
Accounting COMPANY OVERVIEW
Precision Pipeline, LLC, is the first pipeline contractor uniquely designed to work within today’s stringent pipeline industry. Known as the “Next Generation Pipeline Contractor,” Precision has built a foundation of forward-thinking industry veterans to specialize in mainline cross-country pipeline, pipeline looping, laterals, rehabilitation and station construction. SUMMARY
The term “Fixed Assets” Staff Accountant or “Staff Accountant” for purposes of this job description is meant to cover core responsibilities around owned Fixed Assets, the accounting for Leased Assets under ASC 842, Customer Remittance Posting to Accounts Receivable, and other miscellaneous Job Cost specific entries. Other responsibilities are likely to be assigned as the Financial Leadership of the department sees fit. The Staff Accountant reports to the Assistant Controller and maintains and controls all relevant General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization related to all areas and processes associated with “Essential Functions” below, applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and internal controls to all aspects of the role. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Efficiently and effectively manage the Vista ERP system Fixed Asset (FA) system through the timely entry of asset additions, dispositions, and Construction-In-Progress (CIP) conversions
- Manage and control the “Capital Acquisition & Disposition Request” (CADR) process in accordance with corporate policies and procedures and internal direction from CFO and Controller with the purpose of ensuring no assets are procured or disposed of without the existence of an authorized CADR form.
- Maintain the processes around capturing CIP related invoices, building up the CIP sub-ledger by defined assets / CADR and ensure timely conversion to depreciable assets in the Vista ERP system
- Reconcile FA, Accumulated Depreciation (AD), and CIP by the 7th business day of the month-end close process in preparation for the corporate monthly package and FA/AD depreciation package.
- Manage the Lease Accelerator software utilized for capturing and maintain all finance and operating lease transactions to ensure appropriate accounting in accordance with ASC 842. Responsibilities include regular communication with the Equipment Department about new and termed leases along with ensuring appropriate entries are recorded on a monthly basis and all lease accounts are timely reconciled each month.
- Manage the annual fixed asset inventory process in partnership with the Equipment Coordinator for external audit purpose. Provide status report to Controller and / or CFO on a weekly basis.
- Maintain the entire fleet of all types of equipment within the Vista Equipment Module for purposes of equipment charges to specific jobs
- Ensure the timely cash posting of customer remittances to Accounts Receivable on a weekly basis and work with Operations Billing to resolve discrepancies between billings and receipts to be posted
- Fully understand the month-end close checklist/schedule prepared by the Assistant Controller and how it impacts the work assigned to this position to ensure work is completed as the monthly close checklist requires. Ensure timely sign off on month-end close schedule items pertaining to the areas of responsibility in this job description.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis as department work-load balancing dictates.
- Assist with Month-end and year-end financial closings
- Understand and own key internal controls around areas of responsibility including but not limited to Fixed Assets, CADRs, Cash Posting, and Job Cost Accruals and proactively sign off on the monthly SOX control matrix without having to be reminded.
- Proactively train and teach additional accounting staff members when and if brought on board with the goal of having full redundant back-up of key accounting processes and functions this role is accountable for as described in this job description
- Perform account analysis as needed
- Assist with annual SOX and financial audits through the timely, accurate and complete production of PBC items from external and internal audit related to the areas covered by this job description
- Assist in preparation of financial schedule reports and requested internally or by Corporate
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
- 1-3 years minimum of related accounting experience
- Experience in construction/engineering industry a plus
- Experience with Construction ERP systems like Vista-ViewPoint a plus
- Public Company experience a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills with demonstrated ability optimize work efficiency through the use of analytical / business intelligence tools provided by consultants and other means
- High attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment and provide transparent timely status reports if tasks assigned are at risk of falling behind schedule.
- Excellent attentive listening skills and ability to transform financial leadership directives into actionable outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal skills